Saturday, April 08, 2006

At long last...my bi-monthly post

Yeah...so I totally suck at this whole blog thing. One day I will overcome my lameness and become a full blown hipster but right now I'm still in the mallcore/poser stage of my magical journey to the top of blogger mountain. Bear with me during these trying times; we shall overcome.
The whole becoming an adult/mentor/shaper of young minds is finally starting to make a little more sense now; well..atleast it's not nearly as frightening. That's not to say that I have anything figured out. I still feel like a five year old with a soggy diaper caught in the body of a nearly twenty four year old but I've come to accept it. Besides, diapers are much more convenient than restrooms when you're drinking beer; no more getting up to leak the lizard, just let the good times roll...right down your leg.
Life's been one fucked up carnival ride lately. You know the one. The carnie operator has one good eye; his "bad eye" is covered up with a sweet skull and crossbones eyepatch with the phrase "I see you" scrawled on it (a constant reminder to said carnie of why he should not mix methamphetimines and tequila around strangers). He just smiles at you like a sex offender with a trunkful of candy as you walk on to the steel wire deathtrap that squeaks like a 1983 Ford Tempo with the emergency brake on.
Here's the quick blotter report: brother's getting divorced; played in a parking lot in front of a tatoo shop across the street from the Atlanta Motor Speedway during race weekend, successfully bombarding the god fearing, beer guzzling, carberator tweaking motorheads with our devil music; helped relocate a ten dollar swimming pool from a club to the roofrack of a Dodge Durango; nearly brawled with seven grown-ass men for trying to steal their ten dollar swimming pool (I'm not sure if they were pissed about the pool or pissed about the fact that we couldn't successfully steal a fuckin kiddie pool w/o getting caught); writing music/playing "mini" shows with the new band; composing/performing new compositions for another theater production; not updating this thing; trying to quit smoking(seven days at this point); trying to figure out what the hell I'm going to do this summer other than collect a paycheck w/o working for two months; reading lots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home