Saturday, November 04, 2006

Ob la di Ob la da

The Halloween show last weekend proved to be as spectacular as I had hoped. Matthew even joined the party by providing his skin slapping prowess for a lively Misfits cover that brought down the house. Many thanks to all who came and threw down with us. It was easily the best show that I've ever been a part of: good times, good people; a fitting conclusion to Matthew's life in the dirty South. I think he's in Atlantic City right now, hopefully recovering from a glorious night in South Jersey before he has to report to his next post of duty. I hate to see the kid leave me again but this is the best move for him. He'll be hundreds of miles away from Sister Mary Rotten Crotch(copyrighted the day I met Ms. Guacasnatch(trademarked July 4th, 2006)). Ohh...and he'll have a number that she'll never know.
moving right along...
I've started hangin out with some more folks here in Macon; it's amazing how good people can make a place a bit more enjoyable. Most are older and more sophisticated than me (Professors, legitimate school teachers, business owners), but they're fun and they like to drink.
I bought a lap steel guitar a few weeks ago. It's totally badass. I'm thinkin about starting a country band. I think I'll alternate between playing the lap steel and the jugs(any volunteers ladies?).
Anxiously waiting to hear about a job prospect...hopefully a glorious update soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home